Sunday, December 4, 2011

My Back Story vol. #2

It did not take long for my opportunity to arrive. One night, when I was fourteen, my mother asked me to get some firewood, so I went out to pile, but alas, one of our neighbors had decided to keep it for himself. I knew I could never get it back from him, so I decided to get some out of the forest. I grabbed my axe and headed out into the trees. It took a long time to find a tree that was small enough to chop down in a reasonable amount of time. When  I did find it I began chopping away. After a very long time I began to realize I was not making any progress, and began hitting the tree harder. Suddenly it broke and the to section fell on my head. I quickly regained my composure, and started dragging the tree home. It was around this time it started snowing. I got lost. There was a sort of hole on the ground at the base of a tree. After checking for occupants I crawled inside. It was far too uncomfortable to sleep in, so I was about to leave when I heard the droning of thiraxpian wings beating. Of course I was in its den. It came in, clutching a small animal of some sort in its claws. I grabbed my axe and  hit it in the face before it could do something equally violent to me. It turned and left, hardly phased. I now had the rest of the night to wait out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment